ND lithium battery mount
ND lithium battery mount
What does it fit?
What does it fit?
2016, 2017, 2017 RF, 2018, 2018 RF, 2019, 2019 RF, 2020, 2020 RF, 2021, 2021 RF, 2022, 2022 RF
Instructions are not currently available.
Batteries have always been the densest thing in your car, and the easiest way to lose weight. However, there have always been compromises you have to make. While our new lithium batteries aren't without compromise, the compromises will be a non-issue for most, and they come with a host of advantages beyond their light weight.
But first, you need a place to mount that fancy battery - here it is. A bomb-proof setup from our friends at MeLe Design Firm, this mount is made of 5052 aluminum carefully bent and welded, then powder-coated, for the utmost in durability. How durable? Lifetime warranty durable. This mount has two possible positions, so it will fit with the stock intake and our BBR turbo intake. Each option's mounting position remains as low as possible thanks to an included extended battery cable.
Wait! Lithium batteries haven't been used in street cars, right? Not really - Porsche, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and McLaren have all been using lithium (specifically LiFePO4) batteries in production cars for nearly 10 years.
Why do you want a high quality lithium battery, specifically the Antigravity ATX20 series this kit comes with? Here's a quick list:
- Save about 22 lbs over the stock setup - 22 lbs that's mounted relatively high and far forward (21 lbs for the ATX20-HD battery)
- 8-10 yr lifespan - the initial purchase price is higher than a "standard" battery, but the overall cost is lower, thanks to its long lifespan
- Intelligent BMS (battery monitoring system) - the onboard system won't allow over-discharge, over-charge, over-voltage, or short-circuit
- Works great with your existing electrical system, no need to change anything else
- Higher resting voltage = better starting (not so high to damage your car)
- More cranking amps than your stock battery - 680 CA for the RS, 900 for the HD (your stock battery is probably around 500 CA)
- These are "LiFePO4" (lithium iron phosphate) batteries, which are much safer than lithium polymer or lithium cobalt. These aren't the kind that catch on fire.
- These will never sulfate. Please be aware that this means you must use a LiFePO4-specific charger (like the one we sell), a generic charger will damage the battery. If you don't have a charger for your current battery, you shouldn't need one for this battery.
Why wouldn't you want this setup? Fair question, and there are a few compromises to be aware of:
- If the car is frequently stored in freezing conditions or frequently driven and parked in <20°F / -7°C conditions
- If you have a big (non-stock) stereo, or something else with unusually high electrical demands
- If you frequently leave your car on with the engine off - these don't have as much reserve capacity as a stock battery (10Ah for the RS, 15 Ah for the HD). Bear in mind that lead-acid batteries can't be discharged as far as lithiums, so a 15Ah lithium battery is roughly equivalent to a 30Ah lead-acid battery.
For the battery, you can choose from the Antigravity ATX20 Re-Start or the ATX20-HD, both of which include the necessary SAE terminals to make this a simple install. The Re-Start automatically disconnects itself before it gets so low that it won't start the car, which means you can ditch those jumper cables - just push the button on top of the battery instead. The HD doesn't have Re-Start capability, but has more capacity to start off with - 15Ah instead of 10Ah with the RS. If you're in anything close to freezing, you're best off with the ATX20-HD. If you're willing to give up a bit of weight savings in exchange for even more capacity, you can check out the 51R-series Antigravity batteries we sell. They're less susceptible to cold weather, but still aren't suitable for truly cold winters. If you're looking for the absolute lightest thing, you can use an ATX12 - they're nearly the same footprint (about an inch shorter in length, basically the same otherwise) and the ATX12-RS is another 1.2 lbs lighter than the ATX20-RS. It's a battery best suited for warm weather only, though.
Due to shipping rules, these can only be shipped to the lower 48. If you're having issues adding this to your cart, please check your shipping address.
There's a good chance this will work fine on a Fiat 124, but we haven't been able to verify that. If you're willing to experiment for us, please reach out first.