V8 cars for sale
Barn find FM V8
This is an unusual one. We built this car in 2009 for a customer who drove it about 40,000 miles after the conversion. When he passed away, the car was parked in a garage for several years. His wife has also passed on and the car is being offered for sale by her sister.
You can see the original build. It was built with a Holden-based 6.0 LS2/LS3 supplied by Scoggin Dickey that dynoed at 389 hp and 397 lb-ft at the wheels.
The seller is unfortunately physically unable to drive the car. We know it was healthy when it was parked and that it runs now, but she will not be able to provide driving impressions nor is she technically savvy about the car itself. As far as we know, the specification has not changed since the car left here. A wing was installed at one point but has since been removed. The car has recently received some paint touch-up, has a new battery and new tires. It is currently in Sandusky, OH.
We apologize for the quality of the photographs, they were the best we were able to arrange. This car has the potential to be a fantastic deal for the right person, as typically a car with this specification would sell close to $40,000. Offered for sale at $31,995.
When Automobile Magazine drove one of our cars, they called it "an utterly modern automobile that has the friendly personality of a Miata, only with the dark soul of a V-8".
Road and Track added "there's little evidence that FM's car isn't factory-made. The shifter and hydraulic clutch are only slightly stiffer than the original units, the gauges all work, and the power steering retains most of the Miata's brilliant clarity".
TopSpeed summed up their drive by stating "I have never had the keys to anything as well rounded and wonderful to drive...for lack of a better word, this car is essentially perfect."
Please pay close attention to the specification, as it is slightly different than our later builds. It can be brought up to current specification if desired.
- Scoggin Dickey LS2/LS3 hybrid engine
- Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission
- Getrag differential with 3.42 ratio
- FM aluminum driveshaft and upgraded halfshafts
- Air conditioning
- FM race radiator
- FM custom 3" single exhaust
- modified FM-body oil pan
- LS2 fuel rail covers signed by the FM staff
- V8Roadster tubular control arms with polyurethane bushings
- FM AFCO suspension with 450/300 spring rates
- FM swaybars with heavy duty sway bar mounts
- Frog Arm chassis stiffeners
- Cool-it heat insulation through the entire cockpit
- Shift-I sequential tachometer
- FM Stage 1 four wheel Big Brake Kit
Please contact Barb Skinner.